NPL-Photovoltaics and Organic Electronics Infrastructure
- Handling, realization and characterization of Organic Devices in controlled environmentally.
- Glovebox for handling and deposition of environmentally sensitive materials (includes blade coater, spin coater, thermal deposition)
- Unique stability testing chambers with precise control over oxygen and humidity (down to
- Atomic-force microscopy, photoconductive AFM, tip-enhanced Raman and photoluminescence spectroscopy for nanoscale characterisation
- Confocal polarised µ-Raman and µ-photoluminescence
- Argon-cluster TOF-SIMs for 3D chemical profiling of organic and inorganic materials
- Nanosecond pulsed optoelectronic characterization (e.g. transient photovoltage)
- 1D – 3D modelling of thin-film devices
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
- Access to facilities via collaborative projects
Participation to Research Projects:
FP7 TREASORES: Investigating low-cost production methods for large-area electronics and mechanical stability testing.
EMRP ThinErgy: Developing improved metrology for characterisation of thin-film energy materials.
EMRP PhotoClass: Developing and promoting an energy-based metric for characterisation of PV products. Developing new metrology to reduce uncertainty in PV energy yield assessments.