FHG-ISE PV Module-TEC
- Development of photovoltaic module technologies.
- Analytical methods to characterize PV module prototypes and processes.
MAIN FEATURES :
The Module Technology Center (Module-TEC) offers possibilities for developing photovoltaic module technologies. It closes the gap between laboratory development and industrial production by allowing the processing of significant quantities and formats. Several analytical methods are available for the characterization of PV module prototypes and processes.
Module Technology Center (Module-TEC) Fraunhofer ISE infrastructures offers a comprehensive range of services for product development and materials testing:
- Cell Connection and Encapsulation
- Module Efficiency
- Innovative Module Concepts
- Metal Wrap Through (MWT) Technology
The research topics cover the integration of high-efficiency solar cells, direct contacting of the aluminum metallization, reliable soldering processes, conductive adhesive technology, rear contact and wire interconnection, laminate-free edge-sealed solar modules and detailed analysis of cell-to-module (CTM) losses.
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
Access to production equipment restricted to skilled ISE personnel.
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
- Qualifying cells with new metallization including Back-contact technology, such as Metal Wrap Trough (MWT)
- Testing of new class of PV modules based on innovative cells and materials
- Testing new encapsulation materials
- Reducing thermo-mechanical stress
- Innovative cell connectors and connection designs
- Solder alloys and bonding technology
- Testing modules with novel encapsulation and cover material
- Edge-sealed glass-glass modules without cell encapsulation
- Mechanically flexible modules
- Lightweight modules
- Modules with novel encapsulation and cover materials
- Building-integrated modules
- Receivers for low-concentration photovoltaics (L-CPV)
- Solar modules for novel cell concepts
- CoO profitability calculations