UTV-Centre for Hybrid and Organic Solar Energy” (CHOSE)
- Research and development for the industrialization of organic and hybrid organic-inorganic technologies
The university has established in 2006 together with the Lazio Region the “Centre for Hybrid and Organic Solar Energy” (CHOSE) – www.chose.it.
The centre’s objectives are the research and development for the industrialization of organic and hybrid organic-inorganic technologies via three main steps
- define a technological process for organic/hybrid cells,
- develop fabrication processes for industrialization
- foster technology transfer towards SMEs.
CHOSE has the main facility at the Technology park “Tecnopolo Tiburtino” with over 600m2 laboratory comprising a 450sqm of class ISO7 clean room with all the equipment necessary to carry out research on photovoltaic technology.
In particular, the laboratories have been set up with a vast range of equipment for the fabrication and testing of organic, polymer and hybrid cells and large area glass and plastic modules including an outdoor meteorological and panel measurement station.
More than 30 researchers including 15 PhDs, 8 Post Docs, 4 Staff Members and other students and technicians are currently working at CHOSE
- Automated AMAT screen printers (up to 20x30 cm2 area)
- Automated large area spray coater and ink-jet printing (up to 20x30 cm2 area)
- Glove box with integrated metal and organic evaporators
- Blade coating, Dispensing machine, Dyeing machine
- Confocal microscope
- Micro Raman
- LBIC / micro-spectrally resolved photoconductance / EQE
- Noise measurement
- EIS, Photovoltage decay
- Several Sun Simulators
- Light Soaking
- Temperature Stress equipments
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
The access will be allowed with technical and scientific assistance from UTV
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
Fabrication of DSC, Perovskites, OPV, cells and modules (up to 20x20 cm2)
Participation to Research Projects:
- GRAPHENE FLAGSHIP
- FP7 “GO-NEXT
- NATIONAL PRIN PROJECTS