Photovoltaic Fundamentals TwinPV
TwinPV: Stimulating scientific excellence through twinning in the quest for sustainable energy
TwinPV projest aims to enhance the research field of photovoltaics (PV) and grid integration in smart grids at the University of Cyprus (UCY) through linking with the world renowned Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT) and Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
The PHOTOVOLTAIC FUNDAMENTALS TwinPV - Summer school of PV performance will be held August 20-24, 2018 at AIT Austrian Institute of Technology premises Giefinggasse 2, 1210 Vienna with the following:
Photovoltaics (PV) convert sunlight into electricity and play an increasingly important role in the quest for alternative to fossil fuels. One of the major advantages of PV compared to other renewable sources is their scalability, i.e. PV can be used to power anything ranging from small electronics (calculators, watches etc.), to single residences, to buildings and to entire cities.
The specific objectives of the course are to teach and provide the necessary hands on knowledge in the following aspects:
- PV fundamentals including PV materials and technologies
- Technical characteristics of PV components and systems such as power systems and PV inverters
- Performance of PV systems as part of the built environment
- Environmental considerations such as solar irradiance
- Monitoring and data analysis of PV performance
- Optical characterization methods of PV modules
- PV power plants and operation