nano-MOOC: Designing dopant diffusions in silicon solar cells
diffusions in silicon solar cells
prof. Carlos del Cañizo - UPM-IES
CHEETAH e-learning platform has launched a series of nano-MOOCs Massive Online Open Courses “Learning PV at Cheetah speed” proposed and realized by Instituto de Energía Solar Universidad Politécnica de Madrid - IES-UPM under the leadership of prof. Carlos del Cañizo.
They are independent courses so any interested student, younger researcher and also, Engineers, R&D staff can register for just one of them, of for the three of them if they like.
Interested participants can follow at their own path, with an estimated student effort of around 20 hours hours of dedication from the student, including the presentations, readings and exercise.
They are very specific beyond “Fundamentals of PV”, focused on a relevant topic for researchers and PhD students, and accessible online, so that anyone can access based om his/her own needs and time availability.
The following courses has been launched, as a pilot experience, so if the esperience will be successful, the activity can also be transfered to upcoming intiative to share knowledge in PV in very wide communities
- Designing dopant diffusions in silicon solar cells
- Circuit simulation of solar cells and modules
- Advanced topics on solar cell
CHEETAH nano-MOOCs "Learning at the Cheetah speed" with CHEETAH PVirtual Academy further enrich the offer of e-learning of CHEETAH Knowledge Exchange Platform.
About this course:
Designing dopant diffusions in silicon solar cells
The first course of this series is offered by prof. Carlos del Cañizo and it is titled “Designing dopant diffusions in silicon solar cells”. The course will help students and younger scientists to go deeper into the topic with video-presentations, suggested readings and exercises.
The objectives of this course are the following :
- To understand why we want to diffuse dopants in silicon solar cells, and what compromises appear regarding recombination, resistance and current collection
- To review the theory of solid state diffusion to anticipate dopant profiles as a function of process temperature and duration, and learn the intricacies associated to the commonly used Phosphorus and Boron dopants
- To design the process parameters for Phosphorus and Boron diffusions from liquid sources
Are you interested to be supported in the evaluation of your achieved learning level by some exercises???
Please forward an Email:
The "live" access to this event cannot be offered anymore If the event isn't started yet please send us an email and we will try to force manually your registration to participate. If your are interested to the videos and the slides usually CHEETAH Knowledge exchange Platfom offered by "streaming"access, please register to the platform, if you have never done it before, or login by using your CHEETAH KEAP credentials if you have already got them.