Summary of FP7-SOPHIA output
Edited : 01/01/2017
The FP7-SOPHIA RI project was the first European initiative to promote large-scale coordination in order to:
- Avoid unintended duplication and unnecessary investment.
- Get more value out of the same budgets. “Working together to progress faster or to learn more”
- Benchmarking of characterisation methods
- Validation with a larger number of data to increase the confidence level
The Main Goals of the project were:
- Strengthen and optimise PV research capabilities, mainly by coordinating efforts on important but precompetitive topics.
- Address the issues of fragmentation and costly duplication of research at the European scale. Large research infrastructures working together will avoidthe useless replication of a large number of small efforts.
- Bring together the main European Photovoltaic Research Infrastructures in order to provide the scientific community with common referential to conduct efficient and coordinated research work in the field of PV technologies
The booklet summarising the main outcomes of the project carried out from February 2011 to January 2015 are now available :here
more info: here