Centro Nacional de Energías Renovables
Departamento de Energía Solar Fotovoltaica
C/ Ciudad de la Innovación, 7 - 31621 - Sarriguren (Navarra) España
Description of organization
the National Renewable Energy Centre (CENER) is a technology centre, specialised in applied research and in the development and promotion of renewable energies. It has excellent qualifications and recognised national and international prestige.
CENER has cutting-edge technological infrastructures, with the most modern laboratories and facilities in the world. The Wind Turbine Test Laboratory (the only one of its kind in the world), the Experimental Wind Farm, the 2nd Generation Biofuel Centre, a Microgrid, the PV Cell Test Laboratory and the PV Module Test Laboratory deserve a special mention.
CENER focuses its work around three areas:
- Development of technology through R&D&I projects, promoting the generation, acquisition and dissemination of knowledge for the industrial sector.
- Highly skilled technical assistance and services for component testing and certification.
- Drafting of reports as well as technical and economic feasibility studies.
CENER’s activity covers the entire energy generation process using renewable resources:
- Determination of the Renewable Resource.
- Development of Simulation and Design Tools.
- Development of Energy Generation Technology.
- Definition and Execution of Tests on complete systems and components.
- Technological Risk Assessment.
- Economic Feasibility Study of Projects.
- Development and Application of Regulation
CENER is actively involved at all stages of photovoltaic cell production, from the study of the individual materials (absorbents, conductors, anti-reflective, ...), through the manufacturing process and the final characterization of the device