CHEETAH Final Event - European Solar Technology Forum
30 November 2017 - was held in Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB), premises in Berlin, Germany, CHEETAH Final Event - European Solar Technology Forum
CHEETAH’s objectives for the 4 years of the program were threefold:
- Developing new concepts and technologies for waferbased crystalline silicon PV (modules with ultrathin cells), thin film PV (advanced light management) and organic PV (very low-cost barriers), resulting in (strongly) reduced cost of environmentally benign/abundant/non-toxic materials and increased module performance.
- Fostering long-term European cooperation in the PV R&D sector, by sharing knowledge, organizing workshops, exchange and training researchers inside and outside Europe, efficient use of infrastructures, promoting best practices and standards.
- Accelerating the implementation of innovative technologies in the PV industry, by a strong involvement of SolarPower Europe and IT-InnoEnergy in this program.
This event as an unique networking opportunity to get to know leading experts from research and also industry. summarises 4 years’ research results, and how to implement and continue the innovations in the years to come in these key areas:
- Water based Crystalline Silicon - "Getting below a 100 microns"
- Thin Film PV - « Thinner and more efficient through smart cells »
- Organic PV & Perovskite - « Instrinsic long term stability without special encapsulation »