TECNALIA-InGRID New Experimental Infrastructure for Smart Grids
- advanced experimental infrastructure for the development, validation and commercialization of innovative products for renewable energies and smart grids.
InGRID is a technologically advanced experimental infrastructure designed and targeted to meet the needs of manufacturers of electrical equipment and utilities in the specification, development, validation and commercialization of innovative products for renewable energies and smart grids.
InGRID enables electrical equipment manufacturers validate their new developments from the prototype to the final product, in facilities specifically designed for it. InGRID allows to the utilities the evaluation of the functionality and performance of its equipment before the massive deployment, ensuring safety and reliability.
InGRID infrastructure consists of a number of laboratories that integrate traditional capabilities of electrical networks with advanced power electronics and innovative solutions in ICT:
- Power Laboratory, connected to the 220kV transmission network. It is the largest independent laboratory in Spain and Portugal.
- High Voltage Laboratory. Two separate areas for product dielectric tests for medium voltage (up 72,5kV) and high voltage product (up to 362kV).
- Low Voltage Laboratory and environmental tests. Typical LV tests, environmental conditions and mechanical tests.
- Power Electronics Laboratory. Network integration support and improvement of the efficiency for photovoltaic inverters, electrical storage systems, etc.
- Microgrid and distributed generation Laboratory. Design and development of solutions for the gradual transition from the existing electrical system to smart grids by 2050.
- Laboratory for Electromagnetic Compatibility. Immunity test, product electric-electronic emission of low voltage and communications. Notified Body for EMC Directive.
MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- 100kW PV simulator.
- 5kW PV simulator.
- 150kVA grid simulator with programmable frequency, voltage and harmonics.
- Power line simulator.
- Experimental microgrid with potential interconnection to LV distribution grid, including generators (4,6kW PV field, 100kW diesel, 6kW wind turbine, 50kW microturbine), storage (125kWh lead acid batteries, 5kW supercapacitors and 250kW flywheel), and R (190kW), L (430kVA), C (520kVA) loads.
- Test bench for cells and storage systems (cycle efficiency, SoH).
- Flexible modular converter with a basic unit of 1,5 MVA extensible up to 6 MVA.
- Multilevel NPC topology.
- Output: DC to 5000 V; AC to 3300 VAC; from 20 to 70 Hz.
- Dynamic response: 2 ms.
- Functionality: voltage source, current source, DC booster.
- Simulation of network events: harmonics, hollow, etc.
- Extensive monitoring: currents, voltages, temperatures and states
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
- The access will be allowed with technical and scientific assistance from staff of the Instituto de Energía Solar (UPM)
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
- Testing of PV inverters: conversion efficiency and MPPT performance measurement, grid connection requirements validation (LVRT, anti-islanding, etc.), harmonic distortion, DC current injection, EMC and acoustic emission measurements, thermographic analysis, etc.
LIST OF SERVICES AGAINST PAYMENT
Participation to Research Projects:
- MORE-MICROGRIDS (www.microgrids.eu)
- DER-LAB (www.der-lab.net)
- DERri (www.der-ri.net)
- PLANGRID EV (www.plangridev.eu)
- ELECTRA (www.electrairp.eu/)
- BEST PATHS (www.bestpaths-project.eu/)
- ERIGRID (www.erigrid.eu)
PV RTD Tags
Parque Tecnológico de Bizkaia, c/ Geldo, Edificio 700,E-48160 Derio (Spain)