TECNALIA-PV Module LAB
- Laboratory for PV Module Manufacturing and testing
The PV Module Lab facility is devoted to manufacture and test new PV module concepts, materials and processes in a flexible way at different scales from small mini-modules to real size samples. The PV module manufacturing line is quite flexible and it can work with different PV cell technologies and formats, interconnection and encapsulating materials and processes. Standard as well as non- standard module solutions (i.e. BIPV, PVT, etc) can be manufactured at a pre-industrial scale. Performance and reliability tests according to common standards can be done.
The PV Module Lab facility is mainly used for R&D activities.Around 10 researchers are directly involved in this activity.The laboratory is focussed in PV module manufacturing and testing for:
- Advanced PV/PVT module concepts: new materials and processes, design, interconnection and module manufacturing
- Optical, thermal, mechanical, electrical simulation
- Solar cell and module characterization
- PV/PVT module lab tests according to corresponding standards
- PV/PVT systems monitoring in outdoor platforms
MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES:
Tabber & stringer
- Solar cell strings assembly.
Model: Mondragon Assembly 7081 T&S. Flexibility to different solar cell sizes and technologies, interconnection systems and soldering/bonding/curing process optimization.
- Lamination for PV modules or devices with complex shapes
Model: SCHOLZ COM. 39121
- Temp: 400 ºC
- P: 20 bar
- Vacuum: 1 atm
- Maximum piece dimension: 1,5 m x 0,75 m
- Electric static oven.
Model: GEINSA Dimensions: 2,5x2,5x1,5m Temp: 200°C.
Membrane press table with heating system
- Lamination for medium size PV modules or devices.
Model: ELKOM Vakutherm VT1510
Vacuum: 1 atm
- Lamination for small and flat PV modules or devices.
Model: P. Energy L036A
Heating plate dimensión: 610x610mm
Max Temp: 180°C
- For thick-film, SMT, Polymeric pastes and Solar Cells
Model: AUREL 900
Max Print Area: 350x400mm. Max substrate size: 450x450mm
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
Access will be allowed under specific contractual conditions to be negotiated between TECNALIA and the interested parties.
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
- New PV module concepts manufacturing and testing.
- Design and manufacturing of PV applications.
- Integration of PV cells and module in structural parts.
- Testing novel interconnection and encapsulation materials and processes.BIPV and PVT solutions.
LIST OF SERVICES AGAINST PAYMENT
- PV Module manufacturing.
I-V characterization & Spectral response.
- Outdoor tests for PV and CPV modules and devices.
- Material optical characterization.
- Metallographic anaylis: SEM, Raman microscopy.
- Module testing: UV, temperature-humidity, Kesternich, saline mist, electrical insulation.
Participation to Research Projects:
- PVSITES - Building-integrated technologies and systems for large scale market deployment, H2020 Innovation Action.
- FASCOM - Advanced concept of solar streetlight, EIT Innoenergy.
- B-FIRST. Building-integrated fibre-reinforced solar technology, FP7.
- HANDLE - A hybrid PV-thermodynamic solar system for electricity and heat generation, EIT Innoenergy
PVCOM – Multifunctional PV devices based on transparent composite and CIGS for integration, Eurostars Program