CIEMAT- Chalcogenide Lab
- Preparation and characterization of thin-film TCOs (ITO, ZnO:Al, SnO2:Sb) and chalcogenides (CIGS, ZnS, SnSx).
- Preparation of thin-film chalcopyrite absorbers (CuInSe2, CuIn1-xGaxSe2 and CuIn1-xAlxSe2) by selenization of evaporated metallic precursors.
- Preparation of thin-film chalcogenide windows (In2S3, (In,Ga)2S3 and SnS2) by modulated flux evaporation.
- Preparation of transparent conductive oxides (Al:ZnO, Sn:In2O3 and Sb:SnO2), photofunctional metal oxides (TiO2, N:TiO2) and metallic contacts (Mo, Al, Ni, etc.) by sputtering and evaporation.
- Optoelectronic characterization (I-V curves and spectral photocurrent measurements) adapted to thin-film devices with chalcopyrite or organic absorbers.
MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- In-line sputtering system with DC, MF and RF sources for metal oxide deposition on 25x25 cm2 areas.
- Static sputtering system with DC and MF sources for metal oxide deposition on 10x10 cm2 areas.
- Evaporation systems for chalcogenide deposition on 10x10 cm2 areas.
- Optical characterization by spectrophotometry, I-V characterization and spectral response.
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
The access will be allowed with technical and scientific assistance from CIEMAT. Installations offered as Ciemat services will need a previous offer from the Technological Services Office
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
- Realization and characterization of materials and device
- Participation to joint projects
LIST OFFERED RVICES AGAINST PAYMENT
Against particular offer by this link:
Participation to Research Projects:
- OXYCON-P. TCO’s with diverse conductivity.
- OMEGA-CM. Quality and Non-Intrusive Measures for Energy Evaluation and Optimization of Existing Buildings with Advanced Constructive Elements