CIEMAT-Deposited-Silicon-Device Lab (DSD lab)
- Preparation and characterization of thin-film Si (a-Si, µ-Si) , TCOs, metallizations and interconnections
- Applied research and development of technology for photovoltaic devices based on thin-film deposited-silicon on glass, plastic or c-Si wafers.ì
- Cells and modules fully manufactured at the laboratory of deposited-silicon.
- Thin-film “pin” PV cells on glass µ>9%. Modules µ>7%. Flexible devices µ>3%. Silicon heterojunction PV cells µ>14%.
MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- PE-CVD, static sputtering system with DC and MF sources for metal oxide deposition.
- Capacitance-Voltage-Frequency Characterization
- Optical characterization by spectrophotometry, I-V characterization and spectral response.
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
The access will be allowed with technical and scientific assistance from CIEMAT. Installations offered as Ciemat services will need a previous offer from the Technological Services Office
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
- Laser processing and doping.
- e-beam evaporation.
- Plasma Enhanced PECVD.
LIST OF SERVICES AGAINST PAYMENT
Against particular offer by this link:
Participation to Research Projects:
- CHENOC: Células solares de heterounión de silicio de estructura no convencional (Silicon-heterojunction solar cells of non-conventional structure).
- DIGRAFEN: Dispositivos de grafeno para la mejora de las energías renovables (Graphene-based devices for the improvement of renewable energies).
- GRAFAGEN. Graphene for power generation and storage devices.
- HELLO. High-efficiency, low-cost solar cells manufactured at low temperature.