TUBITAK - Marmara Research Center, Fotonic Technologies Laboratory
- deposition systems and equipments for the fabrication, development and characterization of photovoltaic cell and modules.
Marmara Research Center (MRC) is the top national research laboratory in Turkey. MRC established by Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) at 1972 in Kocaeli. TUBITAK MRC has 7 institutes and 982 employees focusing on industry oriented R&D activities including solar energy research in Materials Institute Solar Energy Technologies Research Laboratory. Laboratory utilizes distinctive deposition systems and equipments for the fabrication, development and characterization of photovoltaic cell and modules. Organisation of workshops and conferences about solar energy.
Main Lab activities
- Development of heterojunction solar cells
- Development of crystalline silicon modules (Standard/back contacted)
- Characterisation of solar cells and related materials,
- Improvement of light management in thinner wafers,
- Improvement of low temperature screen printing pastes and post process,
- Replacement of ITO with other TCO's,
- Exploiting new cell architectures using wide band gap films, post annealing procedures integrated with topology optimization
- Interconnection technologies in standard and back contacted solas Modules
- Outdoor performance test
MAIN TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- PECVD-UHV: 3 chamber, wafer/glass size: 100mm round or 4” square, dedicated for heterojunction solar cells
- PECVD-HV: Single chamber with Load Lock , Glass size: 4” square, dedicated for TF solar cells
- TCO Sputtering: pulsed-DC, DC and RF sputtering of TCO’s upto 6” round substrates.
- Screen printing and thermal curing: For the development of 6” solar cell
- Solar cell tabber and stringer: For 2-3 BB solar cells, 900cell/hour throhput
- Solar laminator: Industrial sized laminator with cold press, 4X60 solar cell modules at a time, 44MW/year capacity
- Electroluminescence: for solar cells and modules
- Outdoor test field: 72 modules in 4 different configuration inc. BIPV and roof integrated configuration
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS :
- Work should be based on a project or a service.
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
- Material and device production, testing and characterisation services possible based on collaboration opportunities.