highlights in this page
ENEA-Facilities for depostion of TCO by sputtering and MOCVD
- Development and realization of TCO by Sputtering, MOCVD and by spin coating for rigid and flexible substrates
The facilities are used to develop and realize
- High transparency and high conductivity boron doped zinc oxide thin films deposited by Low Pressure Chemical Vapour Deposition (LP-MOCVD)
- Optimisation of the properties uniformity on large area substrate (30 x 30 cm2) by ZnO by sputtering
- Development of plasma treatments on LP-CVD deposited ZnO thin films as front electrode of silicon based solarcells in order to optimise the ZnO/p-layer interface quality
- Development of thin film silicon based solar cells on LP-CVD zinc oxide.
- Use a wider range of characterization methods (SEM, AFM, XRD, Hall effect, and models to analyze films, crystals,interfaces mechanical tests, functional properties, definition of fabrication process.
Alternatives to current TCO materials including carbon-based and ultrathin materials, devoted to flexible devices may be also objective of common research in collaboration with interested CHEETAH /non CHEETAH partners.
The main achieved results concern
- ZnO (-4 cm, transmittance > 82%) by sputtering
- Patented MOCVD reactor for in line fabrication of boron doped zinc oxide
- 10-3 ohm cm range resistivity and transparency 60 % in the visible range with nanocomposited materials approach.More information available at ENEA Infrastucture for OPV
- Preliminar studies on p-type TCO were also realized
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS:
- The access will be allowed with technical and scientific assistance from ENEA in the frame of joint projects or bilateral agreement
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS
Access to following infractructures:
- LP-MOCVD apparatus for large area deposition (30 x 30 cm2) of boron doped zinc oxide.
- Glow-discharge RF for TCO plasma treatments
- Large area a-Si:H deposition and sputtering for metal contact deposition . (30 x 30 cm2)
- Fluid nanocomposite deposition tools (spinning, inkjet)
- I-V light Am 1.5 G characterization of solar cells and solar modules by Class A solar simulator up to an 2x2 m2 area
- Optical and mechanical / functional tests, all standards SEM, AFM; UV-VIS-NIR , IR spectrophotometer,
- Variable angle Spectral Elipsometry
- 4-probe, Hall effect 4P and Van der Pauw conf., .
High resolution X-ray diffractometer for structural analysis
- Angular Resolved Scattering (ARS)
Participation to Research Projects:
- Partecipation to several national/international projects
- Round robin performance testing of thin film and organic photovoltaic devices