ECN-Numerical device simulations of cSi silicon solar cells
- Benchmarking numerical 1D,2D, 3D device simulations of crystalline silicon solar cells
1D packages and 2D and 3D semiconductor package Atlas from Silvaco are present at ECN
The main objectives are:
- Benchmarking software package for 1D, 2D or 3D simulations of crystalline silicon solar cell and/or modules.
- Defining benchmark studies
- Computation of 1D, 2D or 3D cell architectures.
- Assessing models by :
- Performing sensitivity studies for several parameters
- Testing different sub-models, like for mobility, free carrier absorption, Auger etc.,
- Interpretation of physics
- Testing complex concepts (E.g. heterojunctions, MIS), or a a combination of these items.
- Discussing modeling issues and results with interested host
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS:
- A benchmark study for several cell concepts, ranging from simple 1D problems to complex 3D problems.
- Evaluation of the differences and similarities of multiple software packages in the field of crystalline silicon solar cells simulation
- Analysis of the impact of chosen submodels and/or sensitivity to certain input parameters
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS:
The Infrastructure guest can have access to ECN’s 1D and 2D/3D simulation packages. However for the sake of benchmarking a guest can compare the results of ECN’s software package with its own package(s).
Participation to Research Projects:
see: Models for numerical device simulations of crystalline silicon solar cells—a review, P. Altermatt, J Comput. Electron (2011) 10:314–330