LU CREST-Module perfomance lab
- Module Performance Measurements
- Power & Energy Measurements
1. Outdoor IV test benches
Being developed to have more test capacity. Currently 2 test systems
- One x low power (typically <50Wp) and one x high power (<1kW)
- With certain limitations in current and voltage range.
Several racks exist with different orientation as well as a small area tracker. I-V traces are taken typically in 10 minute intervals, the number of modules is limited by physical available space. Environmental measurements include spectrum and irradiance (horizontal, tracker and in plane of fixed array), humidity, temperature (module as well as ambient).
- Solar Simulator Pasan IIIb, class AAA
- Irradiance range: 200-1200 W/m2
- Temperature range: 15-75 °C
3.Spatial Module Characterisation (LBIC)
- Measurement of spatial characteristics of encapsulated modules
LIMITATIONS OR CONSTRAINTS:
- System have size and measurement range limitations, which should be discussed in advance.
TYPICAL SERVICES OR RESULTS:
These test systems can be used for the following applications:
- Peak power measurement under real outdoor operation conditions,
- In-situ monitoring of equivalent circuit parameters during module aging
- Data acquisition for modelling the energy output of PV modules.
- Spatial analysis of PV modules
Support can be provided to define the experiment and to analyse the resulting raw data. Users can then analyse the measurements with their own favorite tools
Participation to Research Projects:
- Pre-conditionning procedures before peak power measurement
- Harmonisation of IV tracing methods and relevant data format
- Data management procedures to sort out relevant parameters
- Comparison between indoor and outdoor measurements
- Round-Robin tests for Peak Power measurements
- Prediction of the energy yield of PV modules.
- Spatial variations of PV modules