Postdoc in the field of thin film solar cells and modules @ EMPA
published date : Jan, 11th 2018
Deadline date : Jan, 26th 2018
Starting date : starting as agreed upon
Country : Switzerland
Position : Postdoc in the field of thin film solar cells and modules
Department : Laboratory for Thin Films and Photovoltaics
Duration : 2 Years
click here for further information
EMPA is the research institute for materials science and technology of the ETH Domain and conducts cutting-edge research for the benefit of industry and the well-being of society.
The Laboratory for Thin Films and Photovoltaics is looking for a
Postdoc in the field of thin film solar cells and modules
The Laboratory for Thin Films and Photovoltaics is internationally known for innovative research in the field of inorganic and organic-inorganic hybrid thin film photovoltaic technologies. The Laboratory holds the world record for energy conversion efficiency of Cu(In,Ga)Se2 (CIGS) and CdTe solar cells on flexible substrates, and semitransparent perovskite and tandem solar cells. To strengthen our team we are looking for a highly motivated scientist with a strong background in semiconductor physics, spectroscopy and device simulation.
perform and analyse time resolved photoluminescence measurements of thin film semiconductors
setup and operate a scanning station for time resolved photoluminescence measurements with micrometer resolution
develop a model for parameter extraction from TRPL measurements using multidimensional simulation software TCAD Sentaurus and matlab scripts
take a lead in the exploratory research that can result in high-quality scientific publications as well as work in close collaboration with industrial and academic partners from Europe
- PhD degree in physics, materials science, electrical engineering or in a similar field with strong hands-on experience in semiconductor device characterization and/or device modelling.
- In-depth experience with Synopsys TCAD Sentaurus software is advantageous.
- The work requires high level of experimental skills to operate sophisticated machines, analytical mindset for interpreting measured data and perform designer’s experiments for innovation.
- You are a team player and your strengths include taking personal responsibility, high motivation for innovation, excellence and flexibility to work and deliver results.
EMPA offers a postdoc position at the research institution with excellent infrastructure and broad interdisciplinary surroundings with plenty of possibilities for personal and professional development. The position is for two years, starting as agreed upon.
- Knowledge of German is beneficial but not mandatory.
Contacts and submission
EMPA look forward to receiving your online application including a letter of motivation, CV, diplomas with transcripts and contact details of two referees.
Please upload the requested documents through EMPA webpage.
Applications via email will not be considered.